18650 Lithium Battery Capacity Tester Module MAh MWh Digital Battery Power Detector Module 18650
Project: Use ZB2L3 and build a 18650 Batter Capacity Tester
Purpose: Determine 18650 battery condition for evulation and rating
ZB2L3 Battery Capacity Tester LED Display 18650 Lithium Battery Power Supply Test Capacity Discharge Meter DC4.5-6V
1. Using high-quality materials, the quality is guaranteed
2. Simple and convenient wiring
3. With micro USB interface
4. With two 5W ceramic resistors
5. Good performance
Power supply voltage: DC4.5-6V (micro USB interface)
Working current: no more than 70mA
Discharge voltage: 1.00V-17.00V resolution 0.01V
Termination voltage range: 0.5-14.5V
Support through current: no more than 3.500A resolution 0.001A
Voltage measurement error: less than 1%+0.02V
Current measurement error: less than 1.2%+-0.002A
Battery capacity range: 9999Ah (1Ah=1000mAh) when the value is large, switch by decimal point shift, when it is lower than 10Ah, it is displayed as X.XXX, when it reaches 10Ah or more, it is displayed as XX.XX, and so on.
How to use (factory default):
1. The battery under test should be fully charged first
2. Connect the positive pole of the battery under test to the positive input, and the negative pole to the negative pole of the input, do not connect reversely (reverse connection with load may damage the circuit)! Connect the load to the output positive pole and the output negative pole, and connect the working power supply to the micro USB of the tester (do not use the desktop or notebook USB power supply), and the battery voltage will be displayed at this time.
3. To start the test directly, you only need to press the “OK” button, the tester can automatically formulate the appropriate termination voltage according to the fully charged voltage of the battery, and the test will start after flashing for 3 times. Press the “+” or “-” button to modify in the display state, the termination voltage is displayed as the beginning of P, the back represents the voltage value, and the resolution is 0.1V. After setting, press “OK” to start the test
4. After the test starts, the tester will turn on the electronic switch that controls the load, and the data display during the test will display in turn among the discharge capacity (Ah), the current discharge current (A) and the battery voltage (V). Press the button to quickly switch the display content. When the battery voltage reaches the set termination voltage, the tester cuts off the load control switch, and the displayed data stays on the capacity (Ah) and flashes rapidly together with the corresponding indicator light. The displayed capacity at this time is the actual battery capacity. Discharge capacity, press “OK” to stop flashing and make the data display stably, press the “OK” button again to restore the power-on state to replace the battery and test the next section
Supplement: During the test, you can press the button “+” to exit the current test and keep the discharged data, and the tester returns to the voltage display state. At this time, the “+” and “-” buttons are allowed to modify the termination voltage and press “OK” Continue to start the test; or you can exit the current test and clear the discharged data by pressing the “-” button.
Advanced function settings:
In the case of no power supply, keep pressing the “OK” button and turn on the microUSB power supply, the tester enters the function setting, there are two settings, use the “+” “-” button to modify and the “OK” button to enter the next item and save quit:
Setting item 1: The automatic voltage identification function “AUon”/”AUoF” means enable/disable. Please manually set the termination voltage after it is disabled, and the value of each setting will be automatically saved at the same time.
Setting item 2: Automatic rotation display function “ALon”/”ALoF” means enable/disable. After disable, the display content will not be automatically switched during the test, but can only be switched manually
Error code and meaning:
Err1: The battery voltage is higher than 15V
Err2: The battery voltage is lower than the set termination voltage
Err3: The battery cannot withstand the load discharge current or the internal resistance of the line is too large
Err4: The current is too large (the current exceeds 3.1A)
Err5: Improper use or wiring error has caused the device to burn out and cannot be used (current sampling or control switch MOS burnt)
1. If the battery is reversely connected, when the load is turned on and the load current is large (about >0.8A), the circuit switch tube may be damaged
2. The factory has been calibrated and tested one by one, and it is designed with a secondary calibration function
3. In order to improve the accuracy of voltage measurement, this circuit has specially designed a DC bias. When the terminal is not connected to anything, a small voltage will be displayed, which does not affect the actual measurement. If you short-circuit the input terminal (it must be 0V at this time) It will display 0. If you want to understand the principle, you can refer to the superposition theorem in electrical engineering.
Ceramic resistor X2
Battery capacity tester module X1
1. The first test should be fully charged battery.
2. Connect the battery to be tested positive to positive input, a negative input to the negative, can not be reversed (with load reversal may damage the circuit)! Load connected to the output of the positive and negative output, to work through the tester micro USB power supply (not available desktop or laptop USB powered), then the battery voltage.
3. Direct start test need only one press of the “OK” button, the tester can automatically develop an appropriate termination voltage of the battery full charge voltage, and will start flashing after the test three times. Need to develop artificial termination voltage only when the battery voltage display state by pressing “+” or “-” buttons to modify the termination voltage display beginning with P, behind the representative voltage resolution 0.1V, set up after pressing the “OK “start testing.
4. After the start of the test the tester will control the load of the electronic switch is turned on, the test data shows that the process will release capacity (Ah), current discharge current (A) and battery voltage (V) between the wheel was. When the battery voltage reaches the set cut-off voltage, load control switches off the tester display data stays in capacity (Ah) and above and the corresponding indicator flashes quickly together, now displays the actual capacity of the battery is discharging capacity, about the press “OK” to terminate flashing allows stable data display, press again “OK” button to return to the power-on state
Error Codes and Their Meanings:
Err1: battery voltage is above 15V
Err2: battery voltage is lower than the termination voltage
Err3: Battery can not afford to load or discharge current line too much resistance
Err4: overcurrent (current exceeds 3.1A)